The meeting opened with the introduction of officers and eeting attendees. We reviewed the PAAS 0bjective, “make a difference by being the difference” in the lives of all
the African American students at Mt. Hebron as well as the greater Mt. Hebron
family. The PAAS goals are to close the academic achievement gap and to push our students to ensure they are making the most of their high school experience. PAAS works with the students and the Mt Hebron staff to ensure out students take the most rigorous coursework they can handle. And lastly, encourage our students to take on leadership roles in the Mt Hebron community.
– PTSA Update: PTSA meetings will be the 1st Tuesday each month, 7pm, Mt
Hebron Media Center
– African American Awareness Association –QUAD A meeting is the 2nd Tuesday each month
– Village Pot Luck Dinner, Oct 1st, 4pm to 7pm, Mt Hebron cafeteria, bring a covered dish to share and meet other PAAS families
– Mt Hebron Home Coming, Oct 15th
– New York Trip, Nov 4th, bus departs 5:30am and return 10:30pm. Cost is $60-$65 per person
– Kwanza Celebration, Dec 10th 4pm to 7pm, Mt Hebron cafeteria
The next PAAS Meeting will be Oct 11th, 7pm to 8pm, Mt Hebron Media Center.